Wednesday, December 20, 2006

What's your job like?

Well, mine is so odd. But I love it. I work with kids, some of whom who are known to carry knives, yet we took them carolling for Christmas yesterday, and today we made a Mexican feast and had a fun gift exchange. I received a saucy halter top! Here's some pictures of my kids:
The girls are lounging - notice the boys making guacamole in the background! These ladies did cook a bit, though!




These are my awesome co-workers Louis and Ramon. They're making salad.


Victor and Jose are working so hard. That guacamole was sooo good.





Pedro is such an awesome kid - he also has the hook-up on great DVDs.


Luis composed some music, and then he cooked almost all of the carne asada for our feast.





This is Antonio (and a BAD picture of me). He's one of my advisees, and this is his usual facial expression. He's actually started to laugh lately. It's pretty cool. It's not all fun and games, though. He told me he hates me (it's all that obnoxious help I give him and the way I try to keep him out of trouble). I just tell him, "Well, I love you," then he laughs. I think he does actually appreciate me. If not, well, at least I get paid.





Yuli and Lilly are a couple of my brightest and funniest students. They made a sauce with chilis and tomatillos.
And for the record, I teach these kids to read better, write better, and live better most of the time. But the holidays are really fun at work.

1 comment:

nicknameless said...

very cool...oh and shhhhhh.....