Sunday, March 25, 2007

What a Fun Day!

Reunited, and it feels so good
Reunited, cause we understood...

Okay, cheesy time over, but today was a day of reunions of sorts. I decided to do the Sea Otter pre-ride ride with my old homie, Gin . I asked him to pick me up from his faraway land of suburban amusements, and off we went down the freeway. Catching up on the haps was awesome. We can talk like two old ladies who went to grade school together. Ah, those were the days...
So, we pull up to the spot and Queen Bella comes out of nowhere, totally incognito.
Almost didn't recognize her, until I saw the posy in her radiant red hair. Apparently Ollie was off to the races, winning the big money to take her out to dinner. She joined our ride, too.
We rode so hard, well, I rode so hard, the rest of them were kind of cruising. Gin had a nice poker face as he tried to play attack-counter attack with Queenie. He failed to consider that she's been training with the best. It was a two Hammer flask day for him.
There were many other lost pals from yore along for the fun, but who knows if they like to be displayed for all the world blog-style.
So, we rode, and rode, and climbed and climbed. I think there was one fun descent, but it's all a blur. Now I remember why I don't race cross-country anymore. What the hell is up with all those granny-gear sections in that course (or is it just me and my spin-to-win mentality?). In the middle of my silent whining period, out of nowhere came Velogirl and her entourage of valiant racers in pink and black. She looked so hot in her Harlot knickers and long pretty ponytail. I didn't get to ride with her, but that's okay - it was still part of my reunited experience.
Hey - that's why I love racing. Because people I love are doing it, and I get to ride with them on their pre-ride days, then run into more of them.
My legs hurt after a record two days of riding in a row (where have my priorities gone?), but I am soooo happy to be back in the saddle, sores and all.

4 comments:

Lorri Lee Lown -- velogirl said...

you looked hot, too!

what a day! we (predictably) got lost. a lot. I think we were out there until about 6:00. my bike computer died after 11 miles. and I fell down. I never fall down. off the trail, onto my back, head down the hill, still clipped in with the bike on top of me....in a big plot of poison oak. and those harlot knickers which are too big slid down my butt as I slid down the hill. ouch! one of my teammates had to untangle me and pull me up.

Velo Bella said...

that was fun,

but I was really really hungry afterwards

ginmtb said...

You shoulda joined us at the biker bar and had some oh so yummy carnitas and chips and listened to the Rick James cover band. They had a freakin' horn section!

VG we'll make you an honorary TWWer... :)

ginmtb said...

Oh BTW Dawn, remember, I'm the listener and you're the talker.

Thanks for the good time. ;)