Thursday, April 3, 2008

The Joy of the Deadline

I love deadlines. They give me energy. I get stuff done. I feel like a champ when I've got a deadline.

I can relax for a very long time. In fact, I don't get into action at all without a deadline.

Just got done getting ready for the weekend. Race at the Bogg's 8 hour. It is going to be fun, I think. Lots of old friends. Bike riding. Camping. Stuff I love to do.

And I got my apartment clean after the energy frenzy of packing up and list making. My apartment's been gross for weeks, but having that race prep got me into action.

And I am so glad I got the lay off notice. Because I've been fantasizing about becoming an active wear designer for a long time. And now I have a deadline.

No more being jealous and thinking what if. Now's the time.

Maybe I'll suck at it. But now I get to know for sure.

2 comments:

Chris said...

Best of luck with your new life choices.

Lorri Lee Lown -- velogirl said...

yay for all. another good reason to clean before Boggs? what if you crash? a clean apt is like wearing clean underwear.

come lunch with me some day and we'll talk dreams.....