Monday, January 8, 2007

Ugly Curtains

I don't understand - how do ugly curtains make my apartment look better from the street?

I spent way too much over the holiday, and NOW my landlord wants me to get curtains. Okay - so I was using sheets because I'd rather build a new bike than buy pretty curtains. I have been accused of being an all-or-nothing gal before, and I guess my decision to put sheets up because I'm too busy buying bike parts to buy nice curtains, but I have to have nice curtains, so I hang sheets until I am willing to buy nice ones, reflects that observation.

So, my landlord takes matters into his own hands, and buys me UGLY curtains. Do they look better from the street? I guess that two sheets of gold separated by a vertical strip of light is superior to one blob of white cotton...

I went to Bed, Bath and Beyond to get some pretty curtains for my bedroom at least. I can't look at ugly curtains in there. Bed is way too important.

5 comments:

marscat said...

i think we need a pic o' those ugly curtains.

Chris said...

Of course I will ride with you next time you are in Austin. When will that be? Let me know.

Sweet Cheeks said...

Not sure on my next Texas adventure. I go at least twice a year.

Yay, new pals!

Brent said...

oh man..i was worried this was not about window shades

Sweet Cheeks said...

nope, I'm a nice girl.