Thursday, January 11, 2007

When did I become the Hunchback?


Back in elementary school only one kid was taller than me - Kevin Connelley. Every picture day we'd line up in order of height, and there we were, in the same order. Kevin, then me. Yep, I'm smack dab in the middle of the top row in everyone of those class pictures. I wonder who Kevin married - do you think it was someone short, or someone tall, like me?


I don't know when I started to slouch, probably about the time I became a junior high school wall-flower. Not only was I tall, but I was big-boned. Not like Cartman. Like a woman. I never got to be small. I never got to wear dittos.

I hate to say it, but the bike has made it worse. I love to ride, but these days I feel like an ape still stuck in my drops long after I'm done with a ride. I think it's either less bike time in the work week, and more yoga, or I need to start shopping for my cane collection.


5 comments:

Chris said...

Not being like Cartman is a good thing. :)

Sweet Cheeks said...

Well, his physique is not okay to mimic...

ginmtb said...

Lift weights... will helpy with those back muskels to help straighten things up some. Plus looking like Linda Hamilton in T2 is not such a bad thing.

Lorri Lee Lown -- velogirl said...

I never got to wear dittos?

Sweet Cheeks said...

Don't you remember ditto's? They came in all kinds of colors, and they had a rainbow shaped arch across the butt and down the legs. They wer for petite little juniors. Girls these days would never fit into them. Neither did I.