Monday, February 26, 2007

Oh Happy Day!

Today it's official - I got the teacher grant for the Academy of Art in San Francisco. This summer I'll be taking fashion design courses at a school that sends some of its students to fashion week in New York every year. Being a polite pest really paid off!

Alas, I won't be doing the hands-on stuff, yet. I have to do the "get to know the industry" and "learn all about the properties of fabrics" foundation work, first. That's okay, it's necessary. I think I get to at least touch fabric samples. Can't wait to touch the dress forms...

5 comments:

Chris said...

Congratulations! The only fabric truly needed in life is Lycra.

Velo Bella said...

Yay!!!!

Pizie said...

Congrats! Does this mean you'll be designing new velobella gear for us? Umm...not the logo, just the gear.

Sweet Cheeks said...

Ah, lycra...

Thanks ladies and gent!

as for designing for VB, I want to design for the Interbike girls from now on (well, after I'm ready)!

ginmtb said...

How about TWW? We need to get in touch with our feminine side...