Sunday, February 24, 2008

Made My Day

I went to Trader Joe's looking for Italian sausage for a lentil stew. They didn't have any. I got Andouille instead.

I decided to get beer, too. Whitbread Pale Ale.

The cute little cashier girl carded me. I snort-chuckled back.

"Are you laughing at me?"
"I'm going to be 40 this year."
"Wow, you look so good. My boyfriend is going to be 30 this year. He's worried about it. "
"30 is great. Tell him not to worry. I hope I can get all these groceries back to my place on my cruiser."
"I'm going to tell my boyfriend about people like you who look young and are living a full life."
"Tell him to eat his vegetables and to exercise. Have a good night."
"Thanks, you too."

I love this town. I love my lifestyle. I love that I inspired a 24 year-old by being myself.

And to think I was bumming earlier today...

3 comments:

Chris said...

You don't look anything close to 39. I may card you too.

Sweet Cheeks said...

Thanks!

gwadzilla said...

happy almost birthday

I am in my 40th year!

so far so good!

I like who I am